Saturday, August 15, 2015

Captain Ron Big SALE

Title : Captain Ron
Category: Movies
Brand: Buena Vista Home Video
Item Page Download URL : Download Movie
Rating : 4.6
Buyer Review : 546

Description : This particular Captain Ron functions excellent, easy to use along with change. The price for this wa dramatically reduced as compered to other areas we reviewed, and not much more as compared to comparable item

This unique subject Offer overtake own anticipation, this one has developed into a fantastic upgrade on myself, The concept came properly along with quickly Captain Ron


Screen favorite Kurt Russell (VANILLA SKY, STARGATE) teams up with funnyman Martin Short (FATHER OF THE BRIDE I&II, JUNGLE2JUNGLE) in an outrageously wild comedy that's sure to drive you overboard! Russell plays hilariously laid-back Captain Ron -- a vagabond seaman who charts a course for comedy when he skippers the newly inherited Caribbean yacht of corporate executive Martin Harvey (Short) and his family! With his dubious nautical skills, Captain Ron takes the helm and creates wave after wave of hilarity as he leads the Harveys on a wildly amusing oceanic voyage in their dilapidated sailing vessel, all the while driving well-meaning Martin Harvey off the deep end!

Features :
  • Condition: New
  • Format: DVD
  • Closed-captioned; Color; DVD; NTSC

Review :
We're Gonna &*@%ing Die.... Without Captain Ron On DVD!
I swear I just watched Captain Ron today on my laserdisc player and just had to write and say how great this movie still is even if you've seen it a million times. I saw it in theaters! I bought the video! I got the laserdisc! Wanted the Soundtrack on CD like crazy but they didn't make one. For crying out loud, Touchtone, don't you know a Cult Film when you see one! This movie has a following! Release the Soundtrack! And how about a WIDESCREEN DVD WITH EXTRAS! Yeah, even my laserdisc isn't presented in the Widescreen (or Letterboxed) format, but I am glad I have it since for now it's the best copy you can own. I'm not boasting, I just love this movie! The fact that critics hated it makes me sick. They're as clueless as Meadow Sisto (that's the cute daughter). Kurt Russell is The Man ("I've always been a fast healer... course I believe in Jesus"). Martin Short is Hilarious (Pirates of the Caribbean...."Been to Disneyland one too many times have...
"I've always been a fast healer...'course, I believe in Jesus."
CAPTAIN RON is my favorite stupid movie. The story of Captain Ron Rico, a one-eyed scoundrel and charter boat skipper (in that order) and the white bread and mayonnaise Harvey family from Chicagoland, this movie is just so absurdly over the top that it's irresistible.

The Harveys have inherited a sea hag that once belonged to Gable and Lombard. The old wooden ketch is gorgeously appointed but dry-rotted and barely seaworthy. Dad Martin Harvey (Martin Short) decides that there's one last sail left in her---to the breaker's yard. He convinces his wife Katherine (Mary Kay Place) and his children Caroline (Meadow Sisto) and Ben (Benjamin Cunningham) to have a nicely planned out "spontaneous adventure" taking the old wreck from the mythical Isle of St. Pomme de Terre ("It means St. Potato, honey." "No it doesn't.") to Miami.

Since the Harveys can't sail, they hire the disreputable Captain Ron to skipper the boat. Kurt Russell has so much fun playing Captain Ron that...
He's eating my brain!
I'm watching my third tapeof this movie, having worn the others out. I love everything about it, from the kids (the boy reminds me of my own little brother, while the daughter is, well, the friendly sort). Capt Ron himself is a free spirit, and manages to to get the Harvey family to enjoy life the same way. This is one of those movies that gets under your skin, and you find yourself quoting lines from it all the time. I keep coming here to see if it's on DVD, because I'd like to stop wearing out VHS tapes. I would also like to see the soundtrack. That way I could listen to it and imagine the movie. This is great entertainment! I wish they made more like it. Whenever I see Kurt Russell, I think of Captain Ron.

No comments:

Post a Comment