Friday, August 14, 2015

Goodfellas (25th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] On Sale

Title : Goodfellas (25th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
Category: Movies
Brand: Warner Home Video
Item Page Download URL : Download Movie
Rating : 4.4


Description : This Goodfellas (25th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] works excellent, simple to operate and change. The price of this wa dramatically reduced compered to other locations My partner and i investigates, rather than considerably more than comparable product or service

This specific thing Offer surpasses out prospect, this one has become a great replace on myself personally, The thought came safely and swiftly Goodfellas (25th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]


Goodfellas 25th Anniversary (BD) (BD)

Martin Scorsese's unforgettable film of Nicholas Pileggi's true-crime best seller Wiseguy is presented here in a stunning new remaster from a 4k scan of the original camera negative, supervised by Martin Scorsese. Arresting performances from an all-star cast led by Ray Liotta, Robert De Niro and Lorraine Bracco drive this brutal yet darkly funny narrative of life in the mob. Nominated for six Oscars®, with a win for Joe Pesci*, and named one of the AFI's top 100 American movies, this instant classic would forever change the rules for gangster films to come.

]]>


Review :
Another 5-star movie in a (barely) 4-star release... ****UPDATED 6/16/2015 for new 25th Anniversary BluRay***
(I've rearranged this review in descending chronological order to make it easier for people who are looking for information on the most recent Blu-ray edition of the film.)

**UPDATE No. 2 - 6/16/2015**

"I don't care if they come out with the deluxe 25th Anniversary 3D Super-BluRay Scratch 'n Sniff Edition, I'm not biting." --Me, 2010

Well hello again, folks, I guess it's time to eat my words. I was going to abstain from buying this new 25th Anniversary release, I really, really was. But then the rumors started. A new remastering of the film personally supervised by Martin Scorsese. A freshly remastered DTS-HD audio track. An anniversary screening at the Tribeca Film Festival to show off the movie's facelift. I scoffed. I grumbled.

And boy, was I wrong to do so.

This is the presentation of the film cinephiles have been wanting for years. Warner Brothers has produced a superlative Blu-ray (the original iconic poster design...
A suspect DVD release for a classic film.
GoodFellas is on top of my "best films of all time" list. I was one of the people who had bought the previous DVD edition, the infamous "two-sided, no features" release that had been one of the first generation of DVD releases, before the medium evolved into what it is today. I had been counting the days until they would re-release this film, so I was first in line to get this new edition.

Unfortunately, though this edition is much better than the previous one, it very much pales alongside most modern DVD packages.

The package aroused many suspicions in me that this was a rush job. Among my dissatisfactions:

- There's no booklet, leaflet, film histories, or printed material of any kind which generally supplements a two-disc release like this;

- The film is long, but still under the three-hour mark, and the second disc has three short (eight to 20 minutes), unremarkable documentaries plus a storyboard-film comparison. Wouldn't all this...
Good Blu-Ray Transfer
Goodfellas has long been one of my favorite movies. I've watched it many times since I saw it in the theater. I've seen it on tape, on laserdisc, on the original "flipper" DVD and the remastered anamorphic DVD, and now, Blu-Ray Disc.

I'm happy to report that the Blu-Ray is a significant improvement over the remastered DVD. The picture is brighter, the colors are more vivid, and many scenes have much more detail and clarity. Of course, the overall picture is much sharper.

Goodfellas is not the kind of movie that is a showcase for high-resolution video, however. It has a lot of dark indoor scenes; very little takes place outdoors (something I never noticed before). I noticed some graininess, which has a lot to do with how Scorcese shot the picture. It's just more noticeable in the higher resolution.

There are some minor problems with the audio in one scene. The dialogue drops in volume and then jumps back up in the following scene. Other than...

No comments:

Post a Comment